Yes, it is that time of year again when stores are stocked with seasonal selections of scrumptious pumpkin brews! Total Wine has the best selection in the Chapel Hill area but you can find Weyerbacher’s Imperial Pumpkin ale at Carrboro Beverage Company, Dogfish Head’s Punkin Ale at Whole Foods, and Samuel Adams’ Harvest Pumpkin Ale at select grocery stores. Beeradvocate.com ranks 31 pumpkin brews and the top 5 are:
- Pumking – Southern Tier Brewing Company
- Schlafy Pumpkin Ale – Saint Louis Brewery
- TREAT (Imperial Chocolate Pumpkin Porter) – Midnight Sun Brewing Company
- Punkin Ale – Dogfish Head Brewing Company
- Imperial Pumpkin Ale – Weyerbacher Brewing Company
I also tried the 9th ranked Cottonwood Pumpkin Spiced Ale by Carolina Beer Company, it’s light, pumpkiny’ and delicious! If anyone tries a pumpkin ale they like, please let me know!