I went to the World Beer Festival in Raleigh this spring and developed a taste and appreciation for beer. I highly suggest going to one of these events! There is one in the spring in Raleigh and one in the fall in Durham. For more information visit All About Beer Magazine.
Top 5 beers
1. Leinenkeugel’s summer shandy – a light lemony brew perfect for summer
2. Stella Artois – clear, smooth, a classic
3. Bluemoon – Nice pale ale finished off with orange and coriander
4. Widmer Brother’s Prickly Pear – good luck finding it but it’s higher alcohol content and slight pear flavor make it a must
5. Breckenridge Vanilla Porter – A heavier brew that’s delicious and would make a great dessert, I’d pick it alone over ice cream & chocolate cake! Empty calories?! Bring em on!